Low-cost plasma equipment
Our low-cost plasma solutions are based on a unique technology called diffuse coplanar surface barrier discharge – DCSBD.
Diffuse coplanar surface barrier discharge - DCSBD
DCSBD technology is capable of creating a thin layer of macroscopically uniform high-density plasma. Already successfully conducted laboratory tests have revealed the following unique properties of DCSBD plasma technology that clearly differentiate it from other plasma technologies:
- The homogeneity of the DCSBD plasma increases with the discharge power density
- The power density of the thin diffuse DCSBD plasma layer achieves the order of 100 W/cm3
- The macroscopically uniform plasma with a high power density can be generated in any, even strongly electron-attaching, reactive gas mixture
- The DCSBD plasma is mechanically robust and safe
- DCSBD plasma is capable of meeting the on-line production requirements in textile and paper industries, particularly in the nonwovens industry
- No noble gas admixtures (helium or argon) are needed to create homogeneous plasma with DCSBD technology
- Excellent durability of DCSBD plasma surface activation
- Commercially available via the spin-off company ROPLASS s.r.o. (ROBUST PLASMA SYSTEMS)
Enhance your research with our equipment!
We offer our equipment for other scientists
All facilities and equipment can also be used by scientists and researchers outside Masaryk University
We perform the necessary analyses for your research
Our equipment can be used to perform the required analyses and to support your research
We will send you the price list on request
Are you interested in the cost and conditions of using our equipment? Do not hesitate to contact us.
DCSBD plasma for the large-area roll-to-roll applications (non-woven fabrics)
The state of the art DCSBD plasma for large-area roll-to-roll applications (TYPE I) is a pilot line for surfaces of non-woven fabrics.
- The plasma system features 25 DCSBD plasma units operating at ambient air conditions; each at the power of 500 W.
- The system is fully automatic and capable of 24/7 industrial operation.
DCSBD plasma for the large-area roll-to-roll applications (PET foils)
The DCSBD plasma for large-area roll-to-roll applications (TYPE II) has been developed for fast large-area plasma pre-treatment of flexible materials, such as PET, PEN and paper.
- This system features two plasma units for both sided treatment in ambient air.
- We use the system for plasma-fabrication of nanostructured functional coatings in flexible and printed electronics.
DCSBD plasma for the large area roll-to-roll applications (Hydrogen plasma)
The DCSBD plasma for large-area roll-to-roll applications (TYPE III) features two plasma units enclosed in gas-sealed chambers allowing the operation of plasma units in various gas environments, particularly hydrogen and methane.
The DCSBD plasma for various A4-sized flexible surfaces
The DCSBD plasma for flexible surfaces is used to treat flexible samples with dimensions ranging from several cm2 up to A4-size.
- The DCSBD plasma unit is located in close vicinity to a surface of the treated flexible surface that can be fixed on a dielectric roller with a diameter of 14.8 cm and a circumference of 92.95 cm.
- CEPLANT uses the system to prepare materials for various applications such as photovoltaics, light-emitting devices and/or sensing systems on light-weight low-cost substrates.
The DCSBD plasma for treatment of glass surfaces
The DCSBD plasma for A4-sized samples
The DCSBD plasma with the robotic arm for small samples
Are you interested in using our equipment? Contact us.
We will send the costs and conditions of using our equipment on request.